Write for us
It’s been a long time coming but we have finally opened up our blog to guest posts by other bloggers and aspiring writers!
Who can Guest Post on our Travel Blog?
Anyone can submit stories of their travels to us as long as they are fairly well written, and adhere to our guidelines – which you’ll find in the next section. As we’ve already said, blogging isn’t for everyone, so it’s not a requirement that you do have your own blog – if you do, that’s great, we’ll link back to you from here. [Note – “fairly well written” means that you’ve checked your grammar and you’ve turned on spell check.]
Please note that travel stories aren’t limited to only when you go on big trips. Local trips and pieces like “10 coffee-shops in Cape Town” all fall under our scope. Lifestyle articles are also accepted. “Lifestyle” is an extremely broad category so you pretty much have free-reign, if you are unsure just pop us a quick mail and we’ll let you know if it fits. :)
- Authentic – we cannot accept any piece of writing that has been published anywhere else on the Internet. Google doesn’t like it and we listen when they talk.
- We’d like your stories to be a minimum of 600 words please, unless it’s a photoessay.
- We require 3 photographs (minimum) and they need to be at least 1024px wide. Portrait style shots need to be 800px wide.
- You can also send videos’s, or embed codes for videos you’ve uploaded to Youtube.
- If you would like to submit a photoblog / photo essay then we need at least 300 words and at least ten photographs.
- If possible, please format your writing in HTML – it makes it quicker for us to upload on this side.
- Please also send a profile picture of yourself and a short Bio including links to your social profiles and blog.
What we get and what you get:
What we get:
- More awesome stories / posts to share with our readers and friends.
- Growth and the opportunity to showcase more destinations to the world.
What you get:
- A platfrom to share your tales and journeys.
- A place to call home ;)
- The opportunity to be featured on TheTravelManuel.com
- A link to your blog if you have one
- Shared across our social media channels so that more people can see your work.
What are you waiting for?
If you have an idea or even a story that’s ready to go – get in touch with us and we’ll get the ball rolling.