Write for us
It’s been a long time coming but we have finally opened up our blog to guest posts by other bloggers and aspiring writers!
*We are no longer accepting Guest Posts. But Sponsored posts and other ad optoins*
Anyone can submit stories of their travels to us as long as they are fairly well written, and adhere to our guidelines – which you’ll find in the next section. As we’ve already said, blogging isn’t for everyone, so it’s not a requirement that you do have your own blog – if you do, that’s great, we’ll link back to you from here. [Note – “fairly well written” means that you’ve checked your grammar and you’ve turned on spell check.]
Please note that travel stories aren’t limited to only when you go on big trips. Local trips and pieces like “10 coffee-shops in Cape Town” all fall under our scope. Lifestyle articles are also accepted. “Lifestyle” is an extremely broad category so you pretty much have free-reign, if you are unsure just pop us a quick mail and we’ll let you know if it fits. :)
- Authentic – we cannot accept any piece of writing that has been published anywhere else on the Internet. Google doesn’t like it and we listen when they talk.
- We’d like your stories to be a minimum of 600 words please, unless it’s a photoessay.
- We require 3 photographs (minimum) and they need to be at least 1024px wide. Portrait style shots need to be 800px wide.
- You can also send videos’s, or embed codes for videos you’ve uploaded to Youtube.
- If you would like to submit a photoblog / photo essay then we need at least 300 words and at least ten photographs.
- If possible, please format your writing in HTML – it makes it quicker for us to upload on this side.
- Please also send a profile picture of yourself and a short Bio including links to your social profiles and blog.
What we get and what you get:
What we get:
- More awesome stories / posts to share with our readers and friends.
- Growth and the opportunity to showcase more destinations to the world.
What you get:
- A platfrom to share your tales and journeys.
- A place to call home ;)
- The opportunity to be featured on TheTravelManuel.com
- A link to your blog if you have one
- Shared across our social media channels so that more people can see your work.
What are you waiting for?
If you have an idea or even a story that’s ready to go – get in touch with us and we’ll get the ball rolling. Email Us: email@example.com