Where you can travel inside the country using a car
Renting a car in Cyprus might be the only way to see something more than just a trip from the hotel to the beach, (where you can enjoy the sun while under the shade of the best tiki umbrellas.) There are no railways or any other public transport, taxis and buses are extremely expensive. This is the main reason why there are car hire offices everywhere.
Cyprus is the place that is interesting not only for its beaches (we will tell you more about the best once a little later). Its history goes back to VII thousand BC, so it is a paradise for those who are astonished by antiquity.
So the main cities in Cyprus would be:
What would be the approximate budget for the trip to an exciting place (car rent, fuel, road)
A trip to Protaras from Ayia-Napa
So the trip to Protaras to the show of dancing fountains from Ayia Napa.
A traditional and extremely popular route for tourists vacationing in Ayia Napa.
It’s nearby, and the show deserves your attention. What I think is really sweet is that car hire in Protaras is surprisingly cheap and you will a chance to see lots of wonderful views.
On the way, you will admire Aphrodite’s bridge and Cape Greco. In
Protaras itself, before the start of the show, it would be a great idea to visit the Oceanarium.
The estimated cost of the trip to Protaras on a car:
- Car hire Protaras – 36€ per day
- Breakfast at the cafe for a family of 3 – 20-30€ (cocktail in a cafe € 4-7, wine about
- € 3, rum 8);
- Some entertainment: pars and beaches are free, the show and visit to an Aquarium is about 100€
- Road. The distance is only 11.6 Km, and for the fuel, you will only need like 1-3 Euros.
The trip’s total cost is from €160 and up to €180 for a family of 3-4 people.
A trip to Kikk monastery from Nicosia
The very first thing people suggest to do in Cyprus is to visit the Kikk monastery. The monastery and the waterfall are located 90 km away from the Capital city.
The estimated cost of the trip to Kikk monastery from Nicosia on a car:
? for fuel – about €16;
? cafe (for a family of 3) – € 30;
? car rental – € 36;
? donations are optional.
? magnificent sights along the road you can enjoy for free
The budget of the trip for a family of 3-4 people is € 90-100.
So, as you can see, the trip in a car to some amazing places is not that expensive. You can check the prices for car rental services for different cities in Cyprus and other countries at Myrentacar.com
Fuel (the best prices, nuances of gas stations in Cyprus, etc.)
The main thing about the local gas station can be the fact that at 18.00, and
on Saturdays, at 4 p.m. no one is already there. So if you have no desire
to deal with local self-service machines, you need to refuel your car early in the morning (at 6:00, there will already be employees at the gas station) or in the afternoon.
The following fuels are available:
- Unleaded 95 – € 1.17;
- Super Unleaded 98 – € 1.25;
- Euro Diesel – € 1.23.
Prices are almost the same throughout the country. Larnaka, Nicosia, Ayia-Napa all will be the same.
Automatic stations usually work around the clock, especially in
major cities and popular resorts.
There is nothing particularly complicated in them; you just need to remember a few
- if you pay for fuel with a card, your bank will hold about 60 Euros (it doesn’t matter that your refuel was for 20 Euros). How soon the money will be available again depends on your bank. With some of the banks, this period may stretch to months. But, as a rule, after a day or two, the money will be returned to you;
- do not disrupt the procedure: first, you need to pay – and only then remove the gun and insert into the tank
- Just in case, on the machine, you need to press the button “TICKET REQUEST” and the receipt. If you have the receipt on your hands: even if you can’t refuel or you paid for more gas that will fill into your tank – you can tell the administrator about this issue and get your money back.
I really hope that this article was useful for you and you received some information about car hire in Cyprus you never knew.