Okinawa is home to many great restaurants, ranging from traditional Japanese cuisine to international fare. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a luxurious dining experience, there’s something for everyone on this island paradise. Did you know that Okinawa is also home to some of the best sushi in the world? If you’re a fan of seafood, then you’ll definitely want to check out some of the best Okinawa restaurants.
Here is top 14 restaurants you should visit on your trip to Okinawa:
1. Sushi Ryu – This sushi restaurant is one of the most popular in Okinawa and offers an extensive menu of both traditional and creative sushi dishes. Also be sure to try the restaurant’s famous sake selection.
2. La Maison Bleue – If you’re looking for a French dining experience, then look no further than La Maison Bleue. This restaurant serves up traditional French fare with a twist, and the beautiful setting is perfect for a romantic night out.
3. Okinawa soba – For a taste of the local cuisine, be sure to stop by an Okinawa soba restaurant. These eateries serve up delicious noodles in a variety of broth, and you can add your own toppings to customize your meal. So, go ahead and slurp away!
4. La Tavola – If you’re in the mood for some Italian food, La Tavola is the place to go. This restaurant serves up mouth-watering pizzas and pastas, and the relaxed atmosphere is perfect for a family meal.
5. Matsunoki – For a truly unique dining experience, head to Matsunoki. The restaurant specializes in molecular gastronomy, and the dishes are truly a work of art. Be sure to try the starfish tempura!
6. Churaumi Seafood Restaurant – This restaurant is located in an aquarium, so you can watch the fish while you eat! The menu features fresh seafood caught daily, and you can even order live fish to be cooked to your liking.
7. Goya Champloo – Have you ever tried goya champloo? This Okinawan dish is made with bitter melon, and it’s delicious! The restaurant also serves other traditional Okinawan dishes, so be sure to try something new while you’re there.
8. Cafe Mai – Cafe Mai is the perfect place to go for a coffee or a light meal. The cafe has a relaxed atmosphere, and the food is healthy and delicious. Be sure to try the green tea latte!
9. Genki Sushi – This conveyor belt sushi restaurant is a lot of fun, and the sushi is fresh and delicious. Be sure to try the Okinawa roll, which is a local specialty. Also, don’t forget to grab a souvenir plate before you leave!
10. Ryukyu Fruits Parlor – This is the perfect place to go for a refreshing dessert. The parlor specializes in fruit-based desserts, and you can even try some unique fruits that you’ve never had before. Be sure to try the Okinawa soba pudding!
11. Usagi no Kakurega – This restaurant is perfect for a romantic dinner. The setting is very intimate, and the food is absolutely delicious. Be sure to try the grilled lobster!
12. Kenchin-jiru – This soup is a local favorite, and it’s perfect for a cold day. The soup is made with vegetables, pork, and kombu seaweed, and it’s sure to warm you up from the inside out.
13. Taco Rice – This dish is a local favorite, and it’s perfect for a quick lunch. The rice is topped with beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese, and it’s absolutely delicious. Be sure to try the Okinawa taco rice!
14. Teppanyaki – This type of restaurant is very popular in Okinawa, and for good reason. The food is cooked right in front of you, and it’s a lot of fun to watch. Be sure to try the steak teppanyaki!
We hope you enjoy your trip to Okinawa and that you try some of the delicious local food. Bon appetit!