Three weeks ago Lauren and I received the best thing to happen to our travels in ages – our brand new leather ROWDY Corsica Duffel Bags! So if I sound slightly over excited that’s because I am, you may see more than the usual amount of exclamation marks in this post :) I’ve never owned leather before, except for some shoes Lauren made me buy once upon a time, so you can see why I’m super stoked.
Anyway, we have since joined forces with ROWDY Bags and are running a competition on the blog (yes you read correctly competition not giveaway) where FOUR of our awesome readers have the chance to receive a brand new ROWDY Corsica duffel bag worth R1550 each!
You really need to visit their website to see the awesomeness of their products (which, by the way, are handmade.) Though nothing will prepare you for the leathery-goodness smell of these bags. – http://www.rowdybags.com
So. How to win?
1) Just head over to ROWDY’s Instagram account, follow them,
2) then share your most rebellious, free-spirited travel pics on Instagram using the hashtag #RowdyRebels in your post. Easy as pie!
3) Please tag @ROWDY_bags too, so they know you’re entering the competition and can prepare themselves to be blown away by your images.
4) Share on Facebook and tag one of your Rowdy friends in the post.
As a bit of an insider tip, they want to see your visual idea of what it means to be #ROWDYrebels, to travel with spirit, to approach travel (or even your commute) from a rebellious perspective. We’re not out to exclude anyone, but rather to include those who connect with both ROWDY’s and our own philosophy around leading an unconventional life and turning your back on the mundane.
This could be expressed in a thousand different ways, like eating an ice cream, in a speedo, in the snow perhaps?! (just off the top of my head.)
After the cut off date on Monday the 10th of August 2015, the good people from ROWDY will select their four favourite images and each of the #ROWDYrebels will receive a new Rowdy Corsica duffel bag for their next adventure. I can’t think of anything more exciting!
Good luck #RowdyRebels!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1) This competition will run from the 20th of July to the 10th of August 2015 and the winners will be contacted by Rowdy Bags via Instagram. 2) Once you are announced as a winner, you will be given 48 hours to claim your prize. Rowdy Bags will try their best to make contact but if you don’t come forward within that time, another winner will be chosen. 3) The Travel Manuel will not be held responsible for the distribution or of this prize. Once the winners are announced, they may liaise with Rowdy Bags directly. 4) Staff members of Rowdy Bags and their immediate family members may not enter this competition. 5) The winners will be selected by Rowdy Bags and not by The Travel Manuel. 6) Even though we are promoting this giveaway through our Facebook Page, this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The same goes for Instagram.
Lauren and I Rocking our ROWDY BAGS while on holiday in Malacca.
If you’ve read our blog at all over the last 18 months you’re bound to have seen one city cropping up again and again – Malacca. Malacca is Malaysia’s historical city. Much in the same way that Cape Town in South Africa’s. With the exception that Malacca is older. The buildings within the UNESCO World Heritage part of the city are the same buildings from hundreds of years ago. We’ve photographed this city to death and yet every time we head back we find new unexplored corners and artistic spaces that keep cropping up.
It made the perfect location for us to test out our new bags for a three night getaway.
We decided leave our usual luggage at home and use only our stunningly crafted new bags for the trip. Now Lauren is tiny, and I’m not, so I was expecting her to easily jam her threads into her bag and still have space for all those things that girls need space for. You know.
Packed and ready to go I was surprised that not only did I manage to fit everything in, it looked stylish too (a first for me.) No carting huge bags around, just sling over the shoulder and go. I had work to do so I needed to bring my 15inch laptop around with us during the day and was so stoked to find that it fitted really easily inside the hemp interior along with all my other mobile office accessories – hard drives, camera, mouse notepad etc.
Apart from using it to live out of and work from, we didn’t do much “testing,” because, to be honest, none was needed. The bag has ample space for anything you could possibly require on a day trip, it has interior pockets for stuff and an exterior one too.
The strap and handles are supremely comfortable and fitted my shoulder perfectly. And it just feels rugged. Tough. Like I would really, really have to go out of my way to break anything. The quality really shines through. All in all though, I’d have to say that my current favourite “feature” is the smell! Like I said earlier, I’ve never really owned leather and I can tell I’ve been missing out on this smell. It’s delicious.