A few weeks ago we received one of the most EXCITING emails ever to have graced our inbox – Lauren and I were asked to join the iambassador core bloggers team! (Which we wrote about here.) But almost even more thrilling, is that today we are headed on our first assignment with them, TO MAURITIUS! (PS, check out #MyMauritius on twitter)
My pre-trip excitement is pretty much at an all time high because Mauritius has always been one of those dream destinations for me. When you grow up in South Africa, you’re:
a) extremely lucky because it’s a stunning country, but
b) always dreaming about what you don’t have and (for me), it was those tropical island vibes.
I always remember whinging away to my parents about when we’ll get to go to Mauritius when I was a child. Needless to say, it never happened and hence the minor heart palpitations i’m having today!
Here is some of the imagery that’s getting me excited, keep scrolling for more.
Now this is an official trip and a group of us bloggers will be working there to promote various aspects of the country and we’ll be using the #MyMauritius hashtag on just about every social channel you can imagine. So please follow it :)
Here are the full list of bloggers coming so you can follow and get to know them as well:
• Keith Jenkins, Netherlands (http://velvetescape.com/travel-blog/)
• Melvin Boecher, Germany (http://www.traveldudes.org/)
• Marco Allegri, Italy (http://nonsoloturisti.it/)
• Shivya Nath, India (http://the-shooting-star.com/)
• V aughan McShane, South Africa (https://thetravelmanuel.com/)
• Lorraine Karabin, UK (http://livesharetravel.com/)
• Aurélie Amiot, France (http://www.madame-oreille.com/blog/)
• Emmanuel Gelb, France (http://www.voyageavecnous.fr)
• Michael André Ankermüller, Germany (http://blogboheme.de/)
• Pablo Apiolazza – Story Travelers videographer
Over the next week I’ll personally be doing epic activities like quad biking, snorkelling, “resorting,” immersing myself in the Mauritian culture and learning about their history. All things I absolutely love about travel.
See you later guys, I have an Air Mauritius flight to catch!! (WHOOHOOOO)
Please Follow my #MyMauritius updates here:Instagram: @vaughanmac_ & @thetravelmanuel
Twitter: @vaughanmac & @thetravelmanuel
Feature image: Mervin Geronimo