COVID-19 has become the greatest challenge for the 21st century, especially for the countries where traveling and tourism is one of the main sources of economic expansion. Ousting the Corona Virus and keeping tourism flourishing, required stern measures all around the world. Most of the countries have introduced a mechanism of health monitoring for travellers with varying names. For Greece, the document is known as the Passenger Locator Form (PLF). Also see natvisa.com Greece Visa Policy for additional entry requirements.
WHAT IS THE PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM?
Greece, as of many, is one of the most travelled countries in Europe, calling for a control measure which suited the tourists as well as the host country. Therefore, a health declaration form called the Passenger Locator Form is introduced for all the incoming passengers, irrespective of their nationality, which must be submitted 24 hours in advance of their departure to Greece. The form not only clarifies the medical condition of the visitors but also the previous/recent travel history if any. PLF is available for free on the Visit Greece App and also on the site travel.gov.gr. To avoid any inconvenience upon your arrival in Greece, all travellers are advised to download the mentioned app well in advance.
WHO ALL WILL NEED PLF?
All the overseas travellers must fill the form as per the procedure in vogue, where the form is to be filled in electronically and submitted in a limited time before arriving at the destination. One Passenger Locator Form is required for one family. In case you have a connecting international flight to Greece, followed by the flight to the destination country, you will not be needed to fill the Passenger Locator Form for Greece. You will be required to move directly to security control for the departure gate.
WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED IN PLF?
All travellers must go through the guidance provided by the Greece government and authorities over traveling and Passenger Locator Forms. The details which are asked through the form include the following: –
- Full name as per the passport, your age, and the country you come from.
- Your landline (at destination) or cell phone contact and your active email address for contacting you when required.
- Your planned date of arrival and departure from Greece.
- Any recent COVID-19 symptoms you suffered.
- Countries you travelled to recently.
- Hotels and places, you intend to stay at.
HOW PLF WORKS
Once the passenger has filled the form, he will receive a confirmation email at the address provided by him. The email will consist of a Quick Response code which the passenger will require at the time of arrival in Greece. At the departure station, the passenger will only be asked for the confirmation email, however, at the arrival, the QR code must be provided to the authorities as a printed document or over at any electronic device.
In case you fail to fill the PLF, the following inconveniences may be faced at the place of departure or the destination: –
- You may be denied to get the boarding pass altogether if you fail to provide any proof of filling the PLF.
- In case of incomplete Passengers Locator Form, the Hellenic Civil Protection may impose a certain amount of fine upon you.
- Through the QR code provided to each individual and family, random COVID-19 tests may be conducted on selected travellers. To avoid the long checkout / check-in at airports, must fill the form to complete. In case you have been randomly tested for COVID-19, you will stay at a temporary hotel till the confirmation of the results.
- If you are tested positive, you will be quarantined for 14 days as per the Greece laws, under strict supervision.
- In case of an emergency journey to Greece where the time of departure is within less than 24 hours, such a case of accepting PLF will be assessed by the Government Hellenic Health Authorities. The decision will be notified to the traveller through the email provided.
BENEFITS OF PLF
Greek Passenger Locator Form has been devised by the Greek Government with the following aims: –
- Health safety of the tourists.
- Health safety of the Greek residents.
- Control the spread of COVID – 19.
- Revitalize the tourism industry.
- Accepting the pandemic as a new normal.
- Letting all the nations understand the importance of the safety measures required by us while traveling out of our home country.