Now that summer is showing its beautiful face in Cape Town, is there a better way to spend the evening than watching a movie outdoors? Galileo Open Air Cinema has come to Cape Town and will be featuring various films between November and April 2014. Enjoy a romantic date or a movie night with friends and family at any of the following venues: Hillcrest Quarry in Durbanville (Tuesday), Kirstenbosch in Newlands (Wednesday) and the V&A Waterfront in town (Thursday).
You’re welcome to dress up for the occasion, there will be a resident photographer at each venue and the Galileo’s team of movie buffs will be handing out complimentary tickets to the best dressed person – think burlesque for Moulin Rouge, Darth Vadar, Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi for Star Wars, kitsch but cool for Zoolander and of course, there’s nothing like a man in uniform for Top Gun – whatever the movie, make an occasion of it, from start to finish.
I have one pair of tickets to giveaway to ‘The Hangover’ at Hillcrest Quarry, Durbanville on the 19 November. So if you’re in Cape Town, this is how you can enter…
1. Like Galileo Cinema page on Facebook–> Galileo Cinema.
2. Like The Travel Manuel page on Facebook–> The Travel Manuel
3. If you are on Twitter, tweet the following….
“Summer is here and I’m entering to win tickets to a @Galileo_Cinema experience with @thetravelmanuel.”
4. If you are not on Twitter, leave a comment below this blog post on why you would like to win these tickets.
Doors to each venue open at 6pm sharp and the movie starts as soon as it is dark (between 7.30 and 8.15pm). Arrive early to reserve your spot, blankets and backrest are available for hire and don’t forget to bring some extra cash. Delicious, mouth-watering food, wine and bar drinks will be on sale throughout the show at Hillcrest Quarry and local artisanal food vendors will have a large variety of delectable specialties on offer to enjoy, picnic-style, at Kirstenbosch and the V&A. Alternatively, take advantage of the cosmopolitan vibe at the Waterfront and visit one of the many food outlets before or after the show.
– The Travel Manuel is not responsible for distribution of the prize and any organization on the night of the event. – Once the winner has been chosen and placed on the guest list, you may contact organisers or visit the website for any questions regarding the evening.
– Each person may only enter twice.
– Winner will be announced on Monday 18 November at 10am.
For more information on each venue and to purchase tickets, visit www.thegalileo.co.za, like their Facebook page /GalileoCinema and follow on Twitter @Galileo_Cinema and Instagram TheGalileo.