Ankara, the glamorous capital city of Turkey, offers fascinating attractions for its visitors. The mouthwatering food at fabulous Turkish restaurants, world-class malls, the architecture that reflects the European and Middle Eastern culture along with colorful nightlife, galleries, extraordinary museums, and lively scenes – There’s so much to explore in Ankara!
If you want to experience the exquisite blend of Turkey’s traditional and modern culture and want to feel the real aura of its heritage and its grandeur, the capital city of Ankara is where you need to be.
Ensure You Have All The Travel Essentials And Documents
Arriving in Ankara, you have to be ready with all the documents and essentials.
- If you have planned your trip in summer, you will need to keep cool summer clothes, preferably cotton, sunblock, a light sweater, and some jeans for the cool evenings.
- The winters of Ankara are all about chilly weather and a combination of rainy and snowy days. So, don’t forget to keep your favorite waterproof boots, coats, warm woolen clothes along with some essential rain gears.
- Along with your passport, visa, and credit cards, be sure to keep your flight tickets, hotel reservations, and insurance pass with you.
- Keep additional copies of your essential documents in case you misplace the original ones.
- If you are from visa-exempt countries, you will have to keep your National identity card with you.
- Keep contact numbers of your travel organization, insurance company, and the address of your stay.
Ensure You Have Your Turkish Visa With You
If you wish to spend your time in the incredible Ankara, you will need to first obtain permission from the Turkish Government. The Turkish rule requires you to get a visa and passport to enter the boundaries of the Republic of Turkey.
Make sure you have your Turkish visa or Turkish eVisa with you when arriving in Ankara. Visa is a compulsory requirement if you belong to a third-world country. You can apply for the visa online or at the nearest Turkish Embassy of your country. It is a good idea to complete a Turkey Visa checklist to make sure all bases are covered.
The procedure is simple and requires you to have a passport with a minimum of 6 months validity along with some photographs and other legal documents.
You May Not Need A Turkish Visa
Visa is a prerequisite for the people of third-world countries, whereas certain countries are exempted from visa obligations due to their bilateral visa agreements with Turkey. It means their citizens can enter the city based on their ID cards only.
These countries include:
- The Netherlands
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
If a traveler is passing through Turkey by cruise, he/she can enter the country without a visa only if the stay is for about 72hours. However, official permission by the local security authority is valid for his entrance.
The citizens of Cyprus are allowed to live, study and work in Turkey without immigration restrictions.
You Can Get Turkish Visa Online
To fast-track your visa process, you can avail yourself of the opportunity of getting a Turkish eVisa from Natvisa.com. After checking your eligibility, you can simply apply for the Turkish visa online at Natvisa instead of booking an appointment with the immigration officer in the country. It is valid for tourism, short business trips, and visits for 180 days after arrival.
This simplified procedure will save you from future headaches and provide you with the required documents quickly. You will only have to download and print the Turkish eVisa and show it at the airport to the customs officials in Turkey.
General Requirements For Turkish Visa
The required documents to support your visa are listed below, but the Consulate reserve the right to ask for any additional documents they want. The documents discussed below may differ depending on your purpose of stay and visit.
- A passport that is effective for at least 6 months and 90 days after the travel end.
- Two recent biometric photos not older than 6 months, along with a completed visa application.
- A passport having a minimum of two blank pages.
- Bank account details
- Accommodation details or proof of hotel reservation
- Travel health insurance that is valid till your stay in the country.
Now, let’s get to the fun part and get ready to explore Ankara’s beauty.
Splendid Days Await you.
Vacationing in Ankara is a warm relaxing experience with loads of fun, entertainment, and spectacular sightseeing to amaze you. Whether you visit the city with your loved ones or alone, the city never fails to stun its visitors.
Some of the charms that make the vacations at Ankara incredible are:
- Remarkable Historic Sites
Ankara hosts an impressive number of ancient sites and museums. The Museum of Anatolian Civilization and the Mausoleum of Ataturk are just some remarkable sites to name among the many. The classical structure of the sites, along with citadels, fortresses, and palaces, are sure to give you a ride back in history up to Roman times.
- Shopping Sprees And Amazing Nightlife
Are you a shopping lover or a night owl, or both?
The extraordinary nightlife of Ankara is fun-filled and exciting. Shop till you drop at the Kizilay area or explore the praiseworthy carpet collection at Vak?f Eserleri Müzesi; you will definitely have the time of your lifetime. Oh, and don’t forget to Explore the art galleries, antique shops, and clubs for an unforgettable experience.
- Picturesque Landscape
Today’s trips are all about landscape and beautiful sceneries which Ankara is best at offering. The picturesque landscape promises Instagram-worthy pictures and an extremely calming time for you to chill and relax with your family.
Travel Restrictions Due To COVID19
To control the spread of coronavirus in the country, strict measures are being taken.
- Passengers traveling from Brazil, India, or South Africa are required to quarantine for 14 days after arrival.
- Visitors are required to fill a Traveler Entry Form at least 4 days before arrival. The Form for entry to Turkey is to be completed online and provided before boarding the flight.
- Unvaccinated visitors must have their negative PCR test results with them. The test must have been taken 72 hours before travel to Turkey, or a negative antigen test taken 48 hours before arrival. Children below 6 years are exempt from this test.
Note: The restrictions keep on updating as per the COVID 19 situations around the world.