Winters are, as you all know cold, the oversized coats come out, the jackets, the blankets. You are roasting marshmallows on the fireplace or binge eating, and before you know it, your favourite pair of jeans button doesn’t close. Seeing magazines makes you cringe, the thought of a bathing suit causes anxiety. No doubt you should love yourself in every way but as soon as spring arrives everyone starts stressing about his or her ‘summer bodies’. For some, they would instead cover it up but work for it.
Becoming healthy is a gradual process and a slow one you can start with replacing things already in your home for more organic or nutritious ones. The famous saying actually works out of sight, out of mind.
You don’t have to be a size 2, just be in healthier shape. Embrace your body and love yourself twice as hard, so you know what to expect from others in life.
But the simplest ways to get into shape and losing weight are:
1) Stay hydrated, drink plenty of fluids. You are to be drinking half your body weight in ounces. So keep track of your water intake, it is a natural detox. A pro tip is labelling your water bottle with timings because it is a constant reminder and keeps you on track. For people who don’t like the taste of water you can always drink infused water, you can add lemons, strawberries cucumbers along with many health benefits it’s a treat for your taste buds.
The intake of water regulates one’s body temperature, ensuring healthy functions of the body; like digestion issues, kidney stones, aids to glowing skin and most importantly it helps absorb nutrients. Some studies conducted over the years have concluded drinking enough water also helps you shed the extra pounds. Another fundamental fact is it will help you maximise your energy levels.
2) Don’t set unrealistic expectations from yourself; you are human after all. An incomplex rule is when you are craving something for notably 3 days, or more just indulge in it. Not only will this fulfil your craving it will surely make you less cranky too. Because immense control and guidelines eventually lead to a very horrid session of binge eating at 4 a.m. and that helps nobody especially not your attempt to get that summer body, those shiny abs and legs you can see from space.
3) This is quite a fortuitous fact, but your workplace or the mall if you ever find yourself in a predicament where you have to choose between the stairs and the elevator always choose the stairs. It is almost like a free workout, you burn calories and just tend to be a lot more productive with the day. Be active, start with doing things you love whether it be running dancing but be on the go.
One doesn’t even have to make it to the gym, they just have to motivate themselves enough to want to achieve their body goals. It is quite simple can also be spreading a yoga mat and just going on with it. Try brisk walking even when you are just going to the toilet. Exercising maintains discipline and strengthens the inner workings of your body.
4) Eat without any electronic distractions, what this does is it allows you to pay attention to how much you are consuming when you are full. Generally instilling a discipline. And this will help you eat fewer calories along with a constant reminder to eat at a gradual pace.
5) Don’t regularly weigh yourself, as this adds stress and stress is always a recipe for disaster. It can go one of two ways, either you have a loss of appetite or an increase uncontrollable urge to be constantly shoving your face.
6) You need to be sleeping minimally 7-9 hours without it your brain would just be like a firework all day. Which again just puts you in the worst position when it comes to making daily decisions. Lack of sleep impacts one’s ability to tackle stress too, and overall you won’t have enough energy to do anything that requires any sort of physical activity.
7) Try to eat every three hours. This keeps the body’s metabolism going. For beginners set the alarm on your phone for every 3 / 4 hour. Make sure the food you are consuming is balanced and minimally processed. You need to be including fibre, protein and whole grains in your diet and further continue to take all your vitamins.
8) One of the most important tips is to eliminate sugar. Especially sugary drinks; they are just glasses of sugar literally. They also contain no essential nutrients, stick with water and green teas and maybe Kombucha. Cutting down sugar regulates dynamics of the bodily functions. Also incorporating fruits and having healthy fats keeps the sugar cravings at a minimal.
9) Eat a calorie deficit diet; average person needs to cut their calorie count by at least 500. When one is on a calorie deficit diet, one is burning more calories than they are consuming. It helps to jot down everything you are having even if it’s a single grape. This gives you an idea of how often you are snacking, what are you having without even realise. The amount of calories one should be having varies by individual, as it is proportionate to your body weight. Another way to stick to calorie deficit is to have smaller portions; this can easily be achieved by using the smallest plate in the dinner set.
10) Experts at Click Pharmacy urge individuals to embrace a healthier lifestyle. They urge you to consult a nutritionist if you are struggling with weight loss, you might need a thyroid assessment. Not all calories are the same, some are processed and some organic so the nutritional value of each varies.
And be mindful, this provides clarity. This can be achieved through yoga or even listening to any soothing music. Your body should always be of utmost importance be kind to it and nurture it with love.